New Book Launch
Christmas is just around the corner, which means that the holiday season is in full swing. We should have more time to relax and unwind with a good book. Fortunately, Bookshelf PH has several titles launching in November and December that are sure to warm the bookworm in you.
1. Big Deal: An Anthology of Filipino Women's Stories and Art Volume IThis anthology takes its name from the phrase “it’s not a big deal,” which is often used dismissively when women speak up about harassment, discrimination, or other issues affecting them. Big Deal seeks to reclaim the phrase by showcasing stories and art that speak to the struggles of young Filipinas, particularly those who are Gen-Z or Millenials. Edited by Yanna and Katya, Big Deal is the first volume in what is surely to be an influential series for Filipina women everywhere.
Pre-order your copy of Big Deal here: https://bookshelf.com.ph/products/big-deal-an-anthology-of-filipino-womens-stories-and-art-volume-i
2. Opening the Archipelago: The Story of Blockchain in the PhilippinesBlockchain, crypto, NFTs - these buzzwords are everywhere, but what do they actually mean? Unionbank executives Henry Aguda, Cathy Bautista-Casas, and Nathan Marasigan break down blockchain and adjacent technologies for experts and laymen alike. This guide begins with an explanation of how blockchain technology works, illustrates different use cases and initiatives in the Philippines, and ends with a call for progressive regulation in order to maximize the opportunities in this space.
Pre-order your copy of Opening the Archipelago here: https://bookshelf.com.ph/products/opening-the-archipelago-the-story-of-blockchain-in-the-philippines
3. Healthy Buhay, Happy Mama: Risa Hontiveros’ Journey Through Motherhood
Women’s literature is well-established abroad. You have titles like Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg or Becoming by former first lady Michelle Obama. But the genre is still growing in the Philippines, which means that there is not enough content to address the complexity that comes with being a Filipina in 2021 and beyond. This book from politician, journalist, and community organizer Risa Hontiveros provides Filipina women a roadmap to success across work-life balance, health and wellness, finances, and parenting during the new normal.
Pre-order your copy of Healthy Buhay, Happy Mama here: https://bookshelf.com.ph/products/healthy-buhay-happy-mama-risa-hontiveros
4. Planting Greatness: Organizations Accelerating Social Impact in the Philippines
How do you make a difference? It’s a question we’ve all pondered at least once in our lifetimes. Planting Greatness provides guidance on how to maximize our impact. What separates this title from others in the genre is that it collates insights from a wide variety of stakeholders, including everyone from social entrepreneurs and non-profit leaders to academic leaders and heads of corporate social responsibility. The purpose was to share best practices in social impact that cut across all organizational types, so we can make our mark on the world.
Pre-order your copy of Planting Greatness here: https://bookshelf.com.ph/products/planting-greatness-organizations-accelerating-social-impact-in-the-philippines
5. Leaving Impressions: How to Become Your #BestMeEver (COMING SOON)
The future is bright: life in the Philippines is slowly resuming. Businesses are reopening and more and more Filipinos are going out once again. Now may be the best time to reenvision how you want your life to be, and there may be no better guide than motivational speaker and acclaimed author, Myke Celis. In this book, he provides wisdom on how Filipino youth can become the #bestmeever, and equally important, convey this to others with a personal brand that leaves a great impression.