Triggered: Creative Responses to Extra-Judicial Killings in The Philippines
Six students. Six mentors. Twelve stories. One country's fate.
In 2017, college professor Jocelyn Martin invited her freshmen English classes to write fiction stories about the issue of extrajudicial killings in the Philippines. Six of the best stories were chosen for publication. Her fellow teacher Cyan Abad-Jugo invited professional writers to mentor these students in polishing their stories and in learning more about how to process this very complex topic, all while contributing their own written pieces in response.
What resulted was an anthology of creative responses to a crucial subject, a conversation between generations, and a memorial against oblivion.
All proceeds of the book will go to the EJK Orphans project of the Diocese of Kalookan.
Samantha Chiu | Amiel Deuna | Patricia Narvasa | Red Nadela | Jan Ong | Katarina Rodriguez | Jocelyn Martin | Cyan Abad-Jugo | Carlomar Daoana | Christine V. Lao | Glenn Diaz | Exie Abola | Jamie Bautista
Andoyman | Arnold Arre | MA Bungay | Patmai de Vera | Crisostomo D. | Jon Idago | Nicolai Maybituin | Jewel Tan
- We process orders within 1 day of receipt, and ship from Makati, Metro Manila via Gogo Express. Orders are usually received within three days.
- The delivery fee for orders under P899 is P80. Delivery is free for all orders above P899.
Outside Metro Manila
- We process orders within 1 day of receipt, and ship from Makati, Metro Manila via Gogo Express. Orders are usually received within five to seven days.
- The delivery free for orders under P899 is 120. Delivery is free for all orders above P899.
- We process orders within 1 day of receipt, and ship from Makati, Manila via UPS, LBC, or DHL. Orders are usually received within five to seven days.
- The delivery fee for shipping to any country in ASEAN is P1,900. The delivery for shipping to Canada and the United States is P2,400.
Returns and exchanges
Returns and exchanges
First, if you are considering a return or an exchange, you ordered a book from us. We would like to extend you a “thank you!” Nothing makes us happier than seeing more people read great books in the Philippines, and we will do everything in our power to give you the best customer care possible.
If you have any issues with your book or books within the first thirty days (for any reason!), please drop us a line at email@example.com. We will take care of you. That’s why it’s called customer care, right? If an exchange for the same item you purchased is not possible, we will offer you store credit. If you do not prefer store credit, we can also issue you a full refund, the processing of which will depend on your payment provider. Long story short: We will stop at nothing to make you happy. The world needs more happy readers!