eBook - God Loves Bakla
He grew up in Manila during the Marcos years. A consistent honor student at a prestigious Catholic university, Raymond “Bong” Alikpala seemed destined for success. Yet all the while he knew that he was somehow different from the other boys, and he was terrified that if his secret were exposed, his life would forever be destroyed.
Homosexuality has increasingly gained acceptance in many parts of the world. Not so in the predominantly Catholic Philippines, where being bakla is still regarded as a “disordered inclination” and gays are resigned to second-class status. Being ambitious, the future lawyer felt he had no choice but to live in the closet.
God Loves Bakla courageously reveals the hidden struggles of a young closeted Filipino gay man who despaired why God had given him such a heavy cross to bear. After three decades of hiding his true self from the world, in an odyssey of self-discovery that passes through Singapore, Phnom Penh, Bangkok, and the priesthood, he finally realizes that God wants him to have life to the full and that this actually means coming out
This is a Bookshelf PH eBook. Please enter the email you would like to receive the download link at during checkout. Once purchased, you can read it on any device of your choice (Mac, PC, iOS, or Android) via your personal account on Adobe Digital Editions, a free eBook reader app. To learn more about how you can conveniently read our eBooks, please refer to this quick guide.
- We process orders within 1 day of receipt, and ship from Makati, Metro Manila via Gogo Express. Orders are usually received within three days.
- The delivery fee for orders under P899 is P80. Delivery is free for all orders above P899.
Outside Metro Manila
- We process orders within 1 day of receipt, and ship from Makati, Metro Manila via Gogo Express. Orders are usually received within five to seven days.
- The delivery free for orders under P899 is 120. Delivery is free for all orders above P899.
- We process orders within 1 day of receipt, and ship from Makati, Manila via UPS, LBC, or DHL. Orders are usually received within five to seven days.
- The delivery fee for shipping to any country in ASEAN is P1,900. The delivery for shipping to Canada and the United States is P2,400.
Returns and exchanges
Returns and exchanges
First, if you are considering a return or an exchange, you ordered a book from us. We would like to extend you a “thank you!” Nothing makes us happier than seeing more people read great books in the Philippines, and we will do everything in our power to give you the best customer care possible.
If you have any issues with your book or books within the first thirty days (for any reason!), please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will take care of you. That’s why it’s called customer care, right? If an exchange for the same item you purchased is not possible, we will offer you store credit. If you do not prefer store credit, we can also issue you a full refund, the processing of which will depend on your payment provider. Long story short: We will stop at nothing to make you happy. The world needs more happy readers!