Asian Place, Filipino Nation: A Global Intellectual History of the Philippine Revolution, 1887-1912
In restoring the intellectual history of the Philippine Revolution, at long last, to its pan-Asian context, Nicole CuUnjieng Aboitiz offers a startling new perspective not only on the history of the Philippines in that era but on the evolution of anticolonial modernity in Asia writ large. —Erez Manela, Harvard University
Dislodging the Philippine Revolution and Japan-centric Pan-Asianism from the familiar frames of national history and East-West relations, CuUnjieng Aboitiz examines the transnational affinities and networks connecting the Philippines to Japan, Vietnam, and the region and foregrounds the vital work of non-Western thinkers in creating the modern nation-state in Asia. This is a fresh, keenly intelligent contribution to Asian intellectual history. — Resil B. Mojares, author of Brains of the Nation: Pedro Paterno, T.H. Pardo de Tavera, Isabelo de Los Reyes and the Production of Modern Knowledge
Published by Ateneo de Manila University Press.
- We process orders within 1 day of receipt, and ship from Makati, Metro Manila via Gogo Express. Orders are usually received within three days.
- The delivery fee for orders under P899 is P80. Delivery is free for all orders above P899.
Outside Metro Manila
- We process orders within 1 day of receipt, and ship from Makati, Metro Manila via Gogo Express. Orders are usually received within five to seven days.
- The delivery free for orders under P899 is 120. Delivery is free for all orders above P899.
- We process orders within 1 day of receipt, and ship from Makati, Manila via UPS, LBC, or DHL. Orders are usually received within five to seven days.
- The delivery fee for shipping to any country in ASEAN is P1,900. The delivery for shipping to Canada and the United States is P2,400.
Returns and exchanges
Returns and exchanges
First, if you are considering a return or an exchange, you ordered a book from us. We would like to extend you a “thank you!” Nothing makes us happier than seeing more people read great books in the Philippines, and we will do everything in our power to give you the best customer care possible.
If you have any issues with your book or books within the first thirty days (for any reason!), please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will take care of you. That’s why it’s called customer care, right? If an exchange for the same item you purchased is not possible, we will offer you store credit. If you do not prefer store credit, we can also issue you a full refund, the processing of which will depend on your payment provider. Long story short: We will stop at nothing to make you happy. The world needs more happy readers!