Opening the Archipelago: The Story of Blockchain in the Philippines (hardbound)
The world has witnessed a dramatic rise in blockchain adoption over the recent years. From cryptocurrencies and enterprise blockchains to non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and decentralized finance (DeFi) - this technology is set to change the way things are done. Are you ready for it?
While understanding blockchain can seem daunting, 'Opening the Archipelago: the Story of Blockchain in the Philippines' aims to demystify this. Told in three parts, the book is an in-depth exploration into blockchain’s role in the country: from breaking down foundational concepts to showcasing Filipino use cases, and even delving into the regulatory landscape and the need for progressive regulation.
To date, 'Opening the Archipelago' is the first book that focuses on blockchain projects in the Philippines - both those founded by Filipinos and those which Filipinos helped flourish.
In time, blockchain technology will transform the way we live, transact and experience this world and the metaverse. Let this book be a guide as you glimpse into that future.
- We process orders within 1 day of receipt, and ship from Makati, Metro Manila via Gogo Express. Orders are usually received within three days.
- The delivery fee for orders under P899 is P80. Delivery is free for all orders above P899.
Outside Metro Manila
- We process orders within 1 day of receipt, and ship from Makati, Metro Manila via Gogo Express. Orders are usually received within five to seven days.
- The delivery free for orders under P899 is 120. Delivery is free for all orders above P899.
- We process orders within 1 day of receipt, and ship from Makati, Manila via UPS, LBC, or DHL. Orders are usually received within five to seven days.
- The delivery fee for shipping to any country in ASEAN is P1,900. The delivery for shipping to Canada and the United States is P2,400.
Returns and exchanges
Returns and exchanges
First, if you are considering a return or an exchange, you ordered a book from us. We would like to extend you a “thank you!” Nothing makes us happier than seeing more people read great books in the Philippines, and we will do everything in our power to give you the best customer care possible.
If you have any issues with your book or books within the first thirty days (for any reason!), please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will take care of you. That’s why it’s called customer care, right? If an exchange for the same item you purchased is not possible, we will offer you store credit. If you do not prefer store credit, we can also issue you a full refund, the processing of which will depend on your payment provider. Long story short: We will stop at nothing to make you happy. The world needs more happy readers!
Most blockchain-focused content focuses on foreign markets, but "Opening the Archipelago" stands out as a rare exception—and it really is exceptional! The book is a great explainer of what blockchain is, its impact, and the emerging blockchain projects proudly helmed by Filipinos.